So, I am gonn try this whole blogging from the road thing out...Never done anything like this for a trip but thought it would be a cool way to get info out in a quick wholesale fashion AND use the bog as the journaling for my scrapbook when I come home.
So yesterday we left the HOT HOT town of El Paso, TX at about 1 PM. We flew to atlanta where we had a four hour layover...while there a few of our girls learned that they are not to leave their bags unattended in airports:) Kim and i carted thir bags around the airport like baag ladies looking for them, imagine how fun that convo was for them heehee.....
We got on the plane and thank you angioedema, I took my antihistamine and GOOD NIGHT world!!! I slept until they fed us "dinner at 1230 ish and then again til breakfast and again til touchdown. What the 8 hours of sleep on a plane. OH to have had that when we went down under! So we arrived at the airport a lil smelly but refreshed!
Upn arrival, we were greeted by Kat our delegation manager...she is from Austria and jsut completed her MA in English. She has traveled with P2P before so it is nice to have a leader who has travelled this program before with us for the journey.
We left the airport and went to a pub for lunch. We had sausages with mash aka saugases and mashed peetatoes (as Ayden would say). It was pretty darned good and it came with a coke so who am I to complain?!
After lunch we headed to Hampton Court....so this is Henry VIII's castle. I was way excited considering how much I LOVE the Tudors (Audra I know you are feeling me on this one!) and the Other Bolyen Girl. We toured the whole castle and went all through Henry's apartments etc. I was pretty darned excited. I got some brochures and maps that I can share when I get home.
Then we had a lil dinner at a mall food court type place and back to the hotel. The kiddies are in bed for the night and tomorrow we head on a walking tour of London. Changing of the guard, Crown Jewels, Buckingham Palace and the TOWER of London...I expect one of you to come for me if they decide that I am too brash and want to lop off my head! See you tomorrow!
Love,
Thea
You're supposed to drink a beer in a pub, have high tea, ride in a double-decker bus, and eat fish and chips. I hope you are having a blast! Love the blog! Happy travels,
ReplyDeleteKatie
Hi Thea:
ReplyDeleteSay hi to the Queen Mum for me!!
Mom
What a cool idea on the blog!! It will be nice to travel with you via your stories. Have fun and be safe.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Timmer
Hi The,
ReplyDeleteI hope you all had a wonderful day.Things are fine here.Dad is going to take me to Super8 movie.Dad has started working on the cabinet that you guys gave him. That's about all for us. Can't wait to hear about your day.
Love Mom
Hi Thee:
ReplyDeleteDid you ride the biggest ferris wheel in the world?? Bryan and kids are coming this Friday.
Love,
Mom
Hi,
ReplyDeleteIt's dad & me again. I am getting another lesson.
Me
Haven't heard from you bet your haveing to much fun. I hope so. Love Mom
ReplyDelete